2014-04-26

Day 22 Mansilla de las Mulas to La Virgen del Camino or What you get when you cross Home Alone and Night at the Museum

Thinking back on yesterday I realized that I was very tired, I think I have been tired for a couple of days now. This combined with my left foot, which is really bothering me, made me decide to take a day of rest. I didn't want to stay where I was, so this morning I took the bus to Leon. First I went to see the cathedral, then the cloisters, where the cathedral museum is. The security system was very different. I seemed to be the only visitor, so the door was locked behind me and I was completely alone with all these beautiful sacral art objects. It felt very strange. After lunch I visited the Basilica de San Isidoro, another beautiful church with a museum. However, I didn't get locked in this time. After coffee/chocolate with some friends I once again took the bus, this time to La Virgen del Camino, where we are staying at the very nice municipal albergue.



Passing pilgrims

I could see the cathedral, but it wasn't easy to find!
I had to walk the old city walls
Finally!








Inatt har jag insett att jag nog är ganska trött, och jag har varit det i några dagar. Dessutom är min vänsterfot riktigt besvärlig. Så jag bestämde mig för en vilodag idag, men jag ville inte stanna där jag var. Jag tog bussen till Leon imorse där jag först gick runt ett tag. Halv tio öppnade katedralen, så jag gick dit. Katedralmuseet var en annorlunda upplevelse. Jag verkade vara den enda besökaren. En vakt följde med dit, låste upp dörren och tände ljuset. Sedan låste hon från utsidan, och där var jag helt själv med all denna vackra sakrala konst. När jag var klar fick jag vänta innanför dörren. När de såg mig i övervakningskameran kom de och släppte ut mig... Efter lunch fortsatte jag till San Isidoro-basilikan, ännu en vacker kyrka med ett fint museum. Den här gången blev jag dock inte inlåst. Här fick man se det gamla klosterbiblioteket, fullt med gamla böcker. Fantastiskt. Efter kaffe/spansk chocolate med vänner tog jag återigen bussen, den här gången till La Virgen del Camino på västra sidan av Leon. Kanske 5 km idag?

No comments:

Post a Comment