2014-04-15

Day 11 Azofra to Granon or limping on tip-toes

This morning my left arch still hurt, so I started walking very slowly. I found that if I walked on my toes, it didn't hurt as much, so I tried that for a while. However, I soon found that it is very difficult to walk on your toes in hiking boots. So instead I just tried to walk the way I usually do, albeit slower. After 6-7 km the foot felt a lot better and I could walk a little faster again.
Just after one o'clock we got to Grañon after a hot walk and checked in to the old pilgrim hospital of San Bautista. We sleep on matrasses on the floor, cook together and celebrate mass together. Quite different. 22 km today.

Grañon

Leave your botas (boots) and bastones (poles) at the door
 
Communal meal
View of the rooftops at night
Stella getting a foot massage. Where is Hans when I need him?

I morse hade jag fortfarande ont i v hålfot, så jag gick väldigt sakta. Jag märkte att om jag gick på tå gjorde det inte så ont, men eftersom det är svårt att gå på tå i vandringskängor fick jag sluta med det. Istället försökte jag gå så normalt som möjligt, bara säkrare, och efter 6-7 km kändes det så bra att jag kunde gå fortare igen.
Strax efter klockan ett kom vi till Grañon där vi checkade in på San Bautista, ett gammalt pilgrimssjukhus. Vi sov på madrasser på golvet, lagade mat och åt tillsammans, och firade mässa tillsammans och med församlingen. Mycket speciellt och annorlunda. 22 km idag.

No comments:

Post a Comment