2024-03-05

Day -: Rest day in Helford

March 5
Kilometers: 5
Ascent: 138

The Shiprights Arms in Helford can only be booked for a minimum of two nights. Before I arrived I hadn't decided how long to stay, but the previous two days have been difficult and the problem with my room yesterday meant that I didn't have time for my little extra walk in Helford I had planned. Besides, today is a beautiful day for a rest day!

I woke early from some strange noises outside my window. There's a ramp that the local fishermen use to get to their boats. It was really nice to stay in bed and not have to get up! Besides, it was raining and I was waiting for sunshine. After a big bowl of granola I set out on my walk. I was going to Frenchman's Creek (if you know, you know). The walk is lovely with views of Helford estuary, Penarvon Cove and finally Frenchman's Creek.

   Frenchman's Creek 

A fisherman bringing in his catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment