2024-03-11

Day 10: Bodmin to Jamaica Inn

March 10
Kilometers: 27
Ascent: 548
Horses: 22
Real Coos: 17

Raindrops keep falling on my head, they keep falling...

A lot of rain mixed up with sunshine in the right places! I knew the day would be long, but I wanted to pass a pub and a special lake. I passed a couple of cattle grids and walked on moorland with free ranging sheep and horses. The horses were so beautiful, a little curious about who I was, but only one came up to say hello. 

Eventually I got to St Neot and the pub. As I had suspected all tables were reserved. Today is Mother's Day in England and everybody seemed to be in St Neot for lunch. So, no food for me, but I could have a sit down with a bag of crisps and a pint of Coca-Cola.

I was later than I had hoped and was soon on my way again heading north. And now I saw some real coos, but not free ranging, they were on the other side of barbed wire.

We're real coos, we don't want our picture taken.

Walking a bit faster I finally arrived at my reason for taking this road today, Dozmary Pool.
Dozmary Pool

According to legend this is where King Arthur received the sword Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake. I looked, and in the fading light I thought I saw a glimpse of an arm holding something shining. But no, it was just a trick of the eye. Or was it?

By now it was getting late and I hurried to get toy home for the night, Jamaica Inn. There's a hotel, a bar and a restaurant all in one building and I liked itore than I thought I would. It's a bit excagerated, but fact remains, it was a smuggler's nest a long time ago.

Jamaica inn 

No comments:

Post a Comment