2024-03-12

Day 11: Jamaica Inn to Launceston

March 11
Kilometers: 18
Ascent: 270
Horses: 6
Coos: 11

A day without rain. Just a few drops as I was leaving this morning. It was cold and windy, though. I left the inn and headed straight out to the moors. The path is a Public Bridleway, made for horses and may not be suited for humans, but at least there would be no stone walls to cross (horses don't climbe stone walls well). There would be at least one ford, though.

The first ford

This is a part of Bodmin Moor and it is so beautiful! I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

The Moor can be difficult to navigate. I use my phone a lot, but I also carry paper maps. I haven't needed them yet, but I wouldn't want to be without.

When I turned around I saw some really dark clouds. I didn't want to still be on the moors when it started raining, so I hurried along.

Where's the path? There's actually a rock called Black Rock to my right, that would have been used for navigating back in the day.

 Once off the Moor I headed for the pub where I planned to have lunch, but it was closed on Mondays 😕
So I went to the village shop and got some bread and a couple of Snickers bars. According to American research Snickers bars contain most of the things we need, so I got a 3-pack 😁 The village church was open, and once again I had lunch in a church

The rest of the day was road walking, most of it quite boring, but at least it gets me where I'm going a lot faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment