2024-03-11

Day 8: Truro to Indian Queens

March 8
Kilometers: 25
Ascent: 415
Horses: 3
Coos: 1

I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up around 3 am and immediately started thinking about not having a place to stay tonight. At 8 am I called the guest house I'm staying at tomorrow and asked if they could pick me up at Indian Queens and take me back tomorrow morning. They said ok, so problem solved! Also, I don't have to carry a full pack tomorrow, so that's wonderful 😊

Low tide

The day was windy and chilly, but not much rain. I'm still keeping to the roads to avoid moody footpaths and crawling over stone walls 😂 As always it was difficult to find a place to sit down. I'm carrying a chair but it is hard to find a place for it along the roads.

I had a quick snack in a church. A bit cold, but at least I could sit down and rest my legs for a bit.

I arrived in Indian Queens without having found a place to eat all day. Here all restaurants sum to open at 5pm so I had to wait for over 30 minutes, but suddenly I could see people going in to the fish and chips place, they must have opened early. A couple of minutes after I finished Colin from Roscrea B&B came to pick me up and took me to Bodmin.





No comments:

Post a Comment