2024-03-05

Day 4: Mullion to Chyheira B&B

March 3
Kilometers: 17
Ascent: 245
Horses: 12
Coos: 3
I'm going to think twice about staying at a pub again. The room was large and very nice, but as it turned out my room was next to the pub. People were having a good time and the music was loud. I dozed off eventually, but didn't get much sleep.

With all the rain lately I'm going to try to follow country lanes as much as possible. That was not possible today, however. 
Maybe I should have taken the Coast Path? 

And it got worse. Soon I was in an endless field hopping between small rocks, roots and what I hoped would be solid grass, and more often than not wasn't. 
The last kilometer to Lizard Head I joined the Coast Path again. Phew! And then it got muddy. And then there was a muddy slope. And I fell. But thanks to the slope and falling towards the hill I didn't get hurt, just very muddy. 

I continued to Lizard Point, the most southerly point in mainland Britain and turned north. No more Coast Path! By the time I reached Lizard village I was very hungry, but everything was closed, just one pub, The Top House, was open. So, I went in and said that I was very hungry, but also very muddy, could I have something to eat? Yes of course, they had easy wipe-clean seats where dogs could sit 😂 
Maybe because I was so hungry, but this was sooo good!

I was soon on my way again, on public footpaths to Chyheira B&B, this time on top of a wall, and it was so nice to arrive, after cleaning off my shoes properly in a stream. And when I arrived I asked to use the garden hose to clean all the mud off 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment