2024-03-05

Day 3: Praa Sands to Mullion

March 2
Kilometers: 18
Ascent: 365
Horses: 3

The forecast for today was rain, and lots of it, so rain gear on, gaiters and all. At first I followed public footpaths,trying to avoid the scary Coast path, since I don't like heights, but all the rain lately had made them very muddy. Also, you often walk through pastures, and at each end there's some sort of gate to keep cattle on one side. On my first day I got a sore on my right shin trying to climb a stone wall.
See the steps? This one was fairly easy, but with a full pack they're still difficult. I soon resorted to crawling on all fours across 😂

Eventually I had to get back to the Coast Path. It was muddy but not any cliffs on this stretch. I had lunch in Porthleven, what a lovely town! I was luck to get a window seat and had a wonderful view of the harbour.
As I left the town I asked a man if that was Lizard Head I could see in the distance. He said no, first I had to go up and down and up and down again, across the Loe Sandbar and some more ups and downs... GOOD LUCK! 
   Loe Sandbar and Not Lizard Head 

After the rain of the morning the afternoon was lovely. The sun was shining and my feet were already wet and muddy, so I just walked straight through anything and soon got to The Old Inn in Mullion, my stop for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment