2014-05-07

Day 34 Palas de Rei to Ribadiso da Baixo or Half full or half empty?

During my life so far my view on life seems to have changed from half full to half empty. The glass, that is. Jay pointed this out to me some weeks ago, and I've had plenty of time to think about it. I've come to the conclusion that he was right, but I also think I have changed a bit since then. One example is that I am happy that I only have problems with my left foot (my tiny blisters may be annoying, but don't count). And today my left foot was better than before.
Today has been an uneventful day. The morning was cloudy, and there was nothing special to see or do. After lunch the sun came and it became very warm. The highlight has been passing through eucalyptus groves. The scent was wonderful and it felt easier to breathe. I hope I get to see more of them tomorrow! My left foot was fine for about 20 km, and then bothered me but not too bad. 26 km today.


With gore-tex boots, this is the easiest way to cool off my feet.
Eucalypt trees. Wonderful scent and easy to breathe!

My albergue in Ribadiso
Under mitt liv hittills så verkar jag ha förändrats från att tycka att glaset är halvfullt, till att tycka att det är halvtomt. Sedan Jay påpekade detta för några veckor sedan har jag haft gott om tid att fundera över det, och har förändrat mig i alla fall delvis. I stället för att tänka att jag har otur som har så mycket problem med vänsterfoten, så är jag tacksam över att högerfoten är ok (mina ynkliga blåsor räknas inte). Och idag har vänsterfoten faktiskt varit ganska ok.
Dagen har varit ganska händelselös, utan något särskilt att se eller göra. I morse var det mulet och skönt att gå. Höjdpunkten har varit ett antal eukalyptusdungar jag passerade. De doftande ljuvligt och det kändes lätt att andas, trots hettan.Efter lunch kom nämligen solen fram, och med den hettan. Vid 2-tiden bestämde jag mig för att stanna. På härberget träffade jag Hennie från Holland, som jag träffat flera gånger tidigare. Vänsterfoten var ok i ca 20 km, sedan började jag känna av den. 26 km idag.

No comments:

Post a Comment