2014-05-02

Day 29 Villafranca del Bierzo to Vega de Valcarce - In which I Walk the Camino Duro and wonder why I put myself through this (and find the answer)

Another nice morning, sunshine, and nice and cool. Perfect for a strenuous walk. Today there was another choice; follow the road or go up in the mountains, the so called Camino Duro (the strenuous camino). Only for strong walkers, as a sign read on the way up. But, who cares about signs, right? And I'm not really fond of walking along roads. As I went uphill everybody passed me, as they usually do. It was quite steep at first, but got better after a couple of kms. I really don't like going uphill and was wondering why I was so stupid when the answer suddenly came to me (hope I can post a photo, and you'll know too). The last couple of km was downhill, which made my legs very tired. After 11 km this path joined the other Camino, and for 6 km I had to walk on mainly asphalt and concrete along a highway and a smaller road. So boring! By now my foot had had enough, so I stopped in Vega de Valcarce. A bit early, but tomorrow is all uphill, so I need the rest. 17 km today, and this morning I had walked 3/4 of the way to Santiago =)

At the start of the Camino Duro I could look down on the ordinary camino




Where the two caminos join again I stop for a much needed break
Ännu en fin morgon, sol och lagom varmt för att gå. Idag hade jag ett val igen, att följa bilvägen eller att gå upp i bergen, den så kallade Camino Duro (den ansträngande caminon). Eller, som det stod på en skylt en bit upp: bara för vältränade. Men vem bryr sig om skyltar? Och att följa bilvägen lät inte alls inbjudande. I kanske 2 km gick det brant uppför, sedan planerade det ut lite, men fortsatte uppför ganska länge till. Jag gillar verkligen inte att gå uppför och ett tag gick jag och funderade på varför jag är så dum, men plötsligt kom jag på svaret (om jag lyckas lägga ut ett foto får ni också se varför).
De sista 2 km gick det brant nedför och jag blev ganska trött i benen. Efter dessa 11 km gick de två lederna ihop igen, och i 6 km gick jag på betong och asfalt längs bilvägen och ibland även en motorväg. Nu var jag riktigt tacksam över det "dumma" valet i morse! Efter totalt 17 km ville mina fötter vila, så i Vega de Valcarce stannade jag för natten. Lite tidigt, men i morgon är det bara uppför, så jag behöver vila. I morse hade jag gått 3/4 av vägen till Santiago =)

No comments:

Post a Comment