2014-05-04

Day 31 Fonfria to Samos In which I start to think that I just may turn into a horse

This morning was slow. My bed was in the darkest corner of the room, and I couldn't turn the lights on as everybody was asleep. So I went to have breakfast. Yougurt, 3 huge  pieces of toast with marmalade, peach juice and a piece of almond cake (to die for!). And I had very much last night, too. Maybe I have to keep eating like this for the rest of the trip. Not today, though. It os Sunday, and everything is closed. The restaurant opens at 20.30 (8.30 pm), too late for me. So I just had some yogurt and bread. Tomorrow I'll go back to eating like a horse.
Today's walk started with 9 km downhill. My foot tried to have a serious talk about how it doesn't like to go downhill, but I didn't listen. Then came 10 km of up and down along a river, very beautiful. And then I arrived at Samos, a very pretty village with a large monastery, where I went for a tour earlier. I could hardly understand a word, only the impersonation of the Leaning Tower of Pisa (true).  19 km.

Turning left, to Samos



First view of Samos monastery



My home for the night

Dagen började lite trögt. Min säng var i rummets mörkaste hörn och jag kunde inte tända eftersom alla sov. Så jag gick och åt frukost i stället. Yoghurt, 3 jätteskivor rostat bröd med marmelad, perikojuice och en bit mandelkaka. Detta trots att jag åt en jättemiddag igår... Men eftersom det är söndag har allting stängt ikväll och restaurangen öppnar inte förrän 20.30, lite försent för mig! Jag får återgå till att äta som en häst imorgon.
Dagen började med 9 km nedför. Min fot försökte tala om att den hellre vill gå uppför, men jag lyssnade inte på den. Efter en fika i Triacastela svängde jag mot sydväst och Samos. Stigen gick upp och ner längs e å och passerade flera små byar, mycket vackert. Så småningom kom jag fram till Samos, ett litet samhälle uppbyggt runt ett kloster, som jag besökte i eftermiddags. Sedan hittade jag en öppen närbutik där jag köpte yoghurt både till kvällsmat och frukost. Inte jättegod, men jag överlever i alla fall. 19 km idag.

No comments:

Post a Comment