2016-05-15

Day 3, Zubiri to Cizur Menor

29 km, 39400 steps, 137 stairs

So, the albergue last night was nice, with two exceptions. First of all it was next to the church. The bells tolled every 15 minutes, and on the hour, twice. Second, the breakfast was very dry, rock hard toast. Nobody had much to eat. But when we slept, we slept well!
This morning we left at about 7.30. We passed a pilgrim's shop, where I bought two bracelets. It was cloudy and drizzled on and off, perfect weather for walking. Jay and Stella stopped to drink some water, and Audrey and I continued to walk. They never caught up to us, and we found out why later.
Stella and I sent our packs to our destination albergue today, which was great for my feet. I use voltaren salve every morning and evening and my feet still hurt, but so far they're better than last time. A lot better, actually!
When Audrey and I arrived in Pamplona we went to see the Cathedral, and then to the plaza for a snack. We then called Jay and Stella to see how they were doing. It turned out that Stella hurt her foot. Wo we managed to make reservations at the municipal albergue in Pamplona, but since Stella and I had our backpacks on Cizur Menor I decided to go there anyway.  In the end Stella and I decided to take a taxi, and jay and Audrey stayed in Pamplona to enjoy the feria, the Pentecost party with orchestras marching around the town and people everywhere. So, tomorrow Stella and I can take it easy, since we have 5 km headstart!

No comments:

Post a Comment