2016-05-28

Day 17, Carrión de los Condes to Sahagún, Saturday

10.1 km, 13400 steps, 33 stairs  1 blister

Today I jumped out of bed at 5.45 at the sound of the fire alarm. Or so I thought. It turned out to be somebody's wake up ringtone on the phone. However, when I realized this I was already dressed and almost ready to go. And I wasn't even in a hurry today.
After breakfast at a cafe we went to a Panaderia (bakery) and got some nice bread and croissants for the day, and continued to San Zoilo monastery,  where we took a horse and carriage trip for part of the day, 15 km. On the way we were hailed by H, a German girl, who asked for a ride. Her feet were very badly blistered , and she could hardly walk. She couldn't even wear her boots anymore, and was trying to walk in flip flops.
In Calzadilla de la Cueza we were all having lunch, when a Mexican lady came up to us and asked if we wanted to share a taxi to Sahagún. Stella, H and I joined her, Jay and Audrey walked. In Sahagún we checked in at a small hotel, and then helped H to a Centro de Salud, a health center. We had reservations for two twin rooms for tonight, and invited H to join us. She was very tired, and fell asleep almost right away.
After another nice dinner (I had a very good pizza) we are now watching Madrid vs. Madrid soccer/football final on TV.





No comments:

Post a Comment