2016-05-30

Day 19, El Burgo Ranero to Mansilla de las Mulas, Monday

5,6 km, 7200 steps, 0 floors, still 1 blister 

Second breakfast, waiting for the bus to Mansilla de las Mulas.

This morning I decided to take very good care of my blister.  I want to make sure that I'm able to walk the last 100 km from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. Today I took the bus the whole way to Mansilla de las Mulas, and the only walking I do is here in town. Tomorrow we will all take the bus to León, have a nice day, and then continue to Virgen del Camino, where we'll stay the night.

Last night as we went to bed the room was quite nice and warm, but during the night it got cold. When we got up it was even colder. People kept leaving the front door open. And there was no toilet paper. We left as soon as possible and had breakfast at El Peregrino,  where I waited for the bus
The bus left at 9.20 and arrived in Mansilla at 10.00. The albergue didn't open until 13.00, so I spent a few hours waiting in a bar (restaurant in Spain). As I was heading to the albergue I met Audrey, and we checked in. After a while Jay and Stella also arrived. The albergue Gaia is nice and cozy, only 18 beds, new and friendly. I washed and dried almost all my clothes, so now I don't have to think about laundry for a couple of days.

Four stork couples nesting, one on each side of the church steeple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment