2016-05-12

Day 1, St Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles

22 km, 30000 steps, 151 stairs :-o

This morning Jay, Stella and Audrey started walking early. I wasn't in a hurry, I took a taxi the first 9-10 kilometers. I've been ill most of the winter and haven't been able to train properly.

Today has been another great day. The taxi dropped me off at the statue of the Virgin of Orrison, a good place to start according to our hospitalero. The weather was nice and the going quite easy. I arrived at the monastery of Roncesvalles at about 1.30, showered, did my laundry and started waiting for the others. When they arrived we went straight for dinner, a large tuna salad, grilled chicken and ice cream.
My Internet connection is still too slow to upload photos, I will have to do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment