2016-05-27

Day 15, Thursday, Castrojeriz to Frómista




25 km,  33000 steps, 68 stairs, still two (now larger) blisters

The albergue Rosalía was great, apart from the snoring pilgrim in our room. But, they say life on the Camino is about suffering, so I guess we were good pilgrims last night.

After two days rest I felt great. Each step I took I felt the blisters, but it wasn't too bad.

Then, all of a sudden, with 6 km to go, it got very painful. I took the boot and socks off and had to re-tape it. It didn't help much,  but I could walk very slowly. After 1 km I came up to 3 Spaniards with very official looking cars. I asked if they could help me, and one of them drove me to the albergue. He even called someone to find the right place, he was very nice.

When I arrived at the albergue something was wrong with our reservation. I was just trying to explain that our hospitalero last night had made the reservation for us, when Audrey walked in. She had managed to make a reservation at the municipal albergue, so everything was great. The municipal albergue turned out to be next door to the restaurant where we were having dinner, so it made things easier for me.

After a very nice evening at the restaurant La Venta we returned to the albergue, where Stella rounded off the evening with teaching some American and Italian kids to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment