2014-05-10

Day 37 Santiago to Finisterre and back - In which I go to the End of the Earth

Today I went to the end of the world. However, it was a bit difficult. I was going to take the bus, but got bad directions (left instead of right), and ended up 2km in the wrong direction. I missed the first bus, but there was another one an hour later. The trip took 3 hours and went along the coast. Very beautiful in spite of mist and rain.
From the town of Finisterre it was a 3.5 km walk to the light house on the cape that people used to think was the end of the world. It was actually a bit of a disappointment, though I am sure it is beautiful when the Sun is out. I am very glad I didn't walk from Santiago, 100 km. That was my plan at the beginning, but I  changed my mind, and I am so glad I did, if nothing else because of my growing blister. Ca 11 km.

Finisterre lighthouse

At the end of the world. Bad pic, it was raining =)
Idag har jag varit till världens ände. Det uppstod dock lite problem ganska omgående i morse. Jag skulle ta bussen, men fick en dålig vägbeskrivning (höger i stället för vänster) och hamnade ca 2 km fel. Det gick dock en buss till en timme senare, så jag hade gott om tid att hitta rätt. Jag hann ta ut pengar också =) Resan tog 3 timmar och gick längs listen, mycket vackert trots moln och dimma.
Väl framme i byn Finisterre var det ca 3,5 ut till udden där medeltidens pilgrimmer trodde att jorden tog slut. Där ligger nu en fyr. Det kändes som något slags antiklimax att komma dit, det var just inget att se! Ursprungligen hade jag tänkt gå dit (ca 100 km), men ändrade mig, vilket jag är glad för, om inte annat för att min blåsa på hälen verkar bli allt större. Ca 11 km idag.

No comments:

Post a Comment