2019-03-08

March 7, Sevilla, 20254 steps, 17 kilometers

I got up early again, to go to the train station. The train left at 6.45 am and I wanted to have plenty of time to make sure I made it. 

The first 30 minutes of the trip it was dark, pitch black. At first I thought we were going through tunnels, that's how dark it was.
After a while the sun came up. I don't mind at all leaving - 22 C and snow for +18 and palm-trees. After checking in at the Pension La Montareña I headed to the Alcázar, the royal castle/keep of the moors and christian kings (still in use). I have never seen a place like this before. It is huge and has been added to over the centuries. The rooms and court yards are a maze of beautifully tile decorated floors, walls and (indoor) ceilings. I spent four hours there and could easily have stayed longer, but after a nice lunch I left, to be able see more of what Sevilla had to offer.

My original plan was to see the cathedral later in the day but they closed early, so I went there straight away. First I walked up the Giralda, the bell tower. Instead of steps there is a ramp, so that you could ride a donkey almost all the way up.

After visiting the cathedral I spent the rest of the day walking around the town until I could feel two hot spots on my right foot. I took a taxi back to the pension and went to bed early again, in hopes of getting a good night's rest.






Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment