2018-05-10

TGO -1

After another not so good night (my bed at the hostel isn't great), I awoke at 05.30. There were three other girls in the room, but they were also getting up early, since they were doing the Edinburgh Marathon. I packed everything the night before , so I was soon on my way to the train station. I changed trains in Glasgow, where a number of people with backpacks were already waiting. On the train I met Helen and Pat, and the time went by quickly. 



From Fort William I took the bus to Kintail, where I spent the night. Some months ago I made a reservation for a bunk bed in the Wee Bunkhouse, very basic and simple, but upon arrival I found that the bunkhouse was closed and I had been upgraded to a beautiful room in the Kintail Lodge at no extra cost. I also had a lovely view of the loch. After dinner with three challengers from Albuquerque, Kent, Greg and Rich, I went to bed at around 10 pm.

Kintail Lodge - my room is to the left of the round windows

The view from my room













No comments:

Post a Comment